Your kind of law firm
| or call:
0161 832 4666

Advice Bank


Gender pay gap reporting FAQs

My HR Manager has mentioned gender pay gap reporting to me. I’ve never heard of it and I’m not sure what we need to do to comply?

With effect from 5th April 2017 employers with 250+ employees are required to produce annual gender pay gap reports which confirm the following:

Residential Landlords FAQs

Q. Tenancy Agreements.

A. We cannot stress enough how important it is to make sure that you are using the correct type of tenancy agreement! There are various types of residential tenancy agreement, and using the wrong type, or an out of date, tenancy agreement can lead to many unforeseen consequences. For example, many tenancy agreements give the tenant a

Read more ...

The Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks FAQs

Q. What is a CRB check?

A. A CRB check provides employers with information to assist them in assessing the suitability of an individual for work which involves a position of trust, including work with vulnerable people, such as children and adults.

Q. Who processes a CRB check?

A. The Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) was responsible for processing CRB checks

Read more ...

Social Media FAQs

Q. What is Social Media?

A. Social medial consists of web based pages where people can share or publish contacts, data or images with others on various platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

Q. What risks does Social Media create for employers?

A. Staff spending time engaged on networks when they should be working. Derogatory comments made by staff

Read more ...

Residential conveyancing FAQs

Q. Can I stop insuring my property after exchange of contracts?

A. Although there is no obligation within the contract to continue to insure, the property must be sold in the same condition as it was prior to exchange of contracts and so it is wise to continue to insurance until completion.

Q. How much deposit will I need to

Read more ...

Personal insolvency FAQ

Q. When can a creditor file for my bankruptcy?

A. A bankruptcy order is granted when it is proved to the court that you cannot pay your debts. The debt must be at least £750.00. You can be made bankrupt even if you refuse to acknowledge the proceedings.

Q. What happens to my house in bankruptcy?

A. Any equity in

Read more ...

Corporate insolvency FAQ

Q. How is a company placed into liquidation?

A. If a company is solvent then it can be placed into members voluntary liquidation by a resolution of the shareholders. If the company is insolvent then it can be placed into creditors voluntary liquidation by a resolution of the board of directors followed by a resolution of the shareholders. Following the

Read more ...

Boundary disputes FAQ

Q. Where is the boundary?

A. In some cases you may simply be able to rely upon the Land Registry plan to define the boundary of your property. The Land Registry has to rely on the information provided to it and unfortunately this is not always accurate and consequently boundary disputes can arise. To find out where the boundary is,

Read more ...

Road traffic accident FAQ

Q. Hit by an uninsured driver, can I still claim?

A. Yes. Your claim is just as valid against someone uninsured as it would be if they were insured. The difference is that it will be dealt with by a body called the Motor Insurers Bureau ( The MIB deal with non-fault claims involving uninsured and untraced third parties. Some

Read more ...

Personal Injury FAQ

Q. I have been injured, how do I know if I can make a claim?

A. If your injury has been caused by the carelessness of someone else, then you may be able to make a claim for compensation. If you are unsure whether you have a claim we recommend that you contact a specialist personal injury lawyer. At Glaisyers

Read more ...